For security purposes, visitors and vendors are required to obtain a visitors badge from the information desk and wear them 24 hours a day in any of our medical facilities.
We welcome and encourage families and friends to visit hospitalized patients. For the safety of all our patients and visitors, children must be accompanied by and supervised by an adult at all times. Please check with the nursing team leader before bringing any special food or treats to patients, because some may be on a special diet which prohibits or limits certain foods.
Lower Keys Medical Center provides free Wi-Fi to our patients and visitors.
Parking for patient visits, procedures, imaging and labs is available in the front of the main hospital.
Please do not use the emergency parking or emergency entrance. The ER parking lot is for emergency patients, their family and doctors only. If you are visiting patients or coming in for a procedure, imaging or lab, please do not park in the ER parking lot as there are limited spaces.
The Cafe is located on the first floor off main lobby, serves hot meals at the following times:
Breakfast: 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Beverage and snack vending machines are located outside the ER waiting room, in the Cafe Tropical, and on the first floor of the dePoo Medical Buliding.
Visitor Waiting Rooms
For the comfort of our guests, visitor waiting rooms are conveniently located throughout the hospital.
- Surgical waiting room - located in the back hallway on first floor across from the surgical center. This waiting room is reserved for family members and friends of patients undergoing surgical procedures. Cable television, magazines and a telephone is conveniently located in this area.
- Intensive care waiting room - located on the third floor next to the intensive care unit. A telephone is located in this waiting area so family members can stay in touch with ICU staff at all times. Cable television, magazines, and a telephone are located in this area.
- Main lobby waiting area - located on the first floor at the main entrance to the hospital. This area is reserved for patients and their family members. Cable television, magazines and telephones are located in this area for your convenience.
- Outpatient services waiting area - located on the first floor of the hospital in the rear hallway by ER. This area is reserved for patients that are coming in for imaging, lab and other services. It is also where inpatients can register. Cable television, magazines are located in this area for your convenience.
- Emergency waiting room - located on the first floor just inside the ER entrance. Patients should register with an ER admissions specialist upon arrival. Family members and friends are welcome to stay in the waiting room where staff can update them regarding the condition and progress of the patient. Two televisions with cable service are located in this waiting area.