Sponsorships & Donations
Every year, Lower Keys Medical Center receives many requests for support from various community groups and organizations. The challenge is how to balance the measure of what we already contribute to the local community in the form of taxes and leases with our obligations as one of the area’s largest businesses and employers.
Our budget for contributions is limited. Whether a request is for a cash donation, support for a local program or other opportunity, we will do our best to match our limited discretionary funds with community health needs. Our giving is focused on non-profit organizations in the fields of health, education, and arts and culture and concentrates where we have a strong business presence.
Considerations will be given to the following (but not limited to):
- Community events such as walks, runs, auctions, golf outings, etc.
- Event participation or contribution
- Fundraising dinners
- Community service organizations
- School fundraisers / cultural programs / events
- Logo items / giveaways / medical equipment*
Contributions also may include staff time, meeting space, and other non-financial resources for projects and activities (such as first aid support and speakers) that support our giving priorities.
Recurring requests must be submitted each year.
We are unable to support the following:
- Political causes or candidates
- Groups requesting funds for individual or private causes
- Groups that receive significant funding through the United Way, Rotary, etc. as we are already supporters of those organizations
- Entertainment or commercial sponsorships**
As a general rule, no request in excess of $1,500.00 per year to any single group or event will be considered.
To be considered for a sponsorship or donation, requests should meet the following general criteria.
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Activities that specifically support our mission to improve the health and well being of our community and our strategic goals
- Fundraising events for organizations that have close relationships with Lower Keys Medical Center or its subsidiaries, specifically its key service lines
- Requests that provide positive public awareness of the hospital’s services
- Activities that address key population health improvement initiatives in the areas we serve
- Activities that promote public awareness in the areas we serve
- Schools and neighborhood organizations that are in geographic proximity to our facilities
How to Apply
To apply for a sponsoship or donation, please request an application from the marketing department of Lower Keys Medical Center by calling (305) 294-5531.
Completed applications shold be mailed to:
Lower Keys Medical Center
Attn: Marketing Department
5900 College Road
Key West, FL 33040
All applications must be submitted with a request letter and proof of non-profit status. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Submissions are received and evaluated on an ongoing basis, and decisions are based on consistency with these guidelines and funding availability. Due to availability of funds, some requests may be denied even if they fit criteria.
Complete submissions will be submitted by the marketing department to the executive leadership team for consideration 90 days prior to the scheduled event. All decisions made by the executive leadership team are final.
Due to the overwhelming amount of requests received each year, we will respond to only those requests that were approved. If you have not received a response within 30 days from the date of your submission, the request was not approved.
This process is in place to ensure that all applications are evaluated equally and fulfill our mission, vision, values and strategic plan.
* Lower Keys Medical Center occasionally donates equipment or other materials to not-for-profit organizations and entities. These donations are usually limited to situations where system’s surplus or discard is matched with the identified needs of an organization.
** Entertainment or commercial sponsorships will be handled by contractual agreement and are therefore excluded from this policy.