Created in 1971 to serve the residents of the Florida Keys who live below the Seven Mile Bridge, Lower Keys Medical Center is the area's sole healthcare provider. Lower Keys Medical Center is a 167-bed, full service, acute care medical facility with a 24/7 emergency room, 24/7 laboratory, 24/7 radiology services and a specially-equipped medical transport helicopter.
Lower Keys Medical Center is one of the region's largest employers and the only hospital in the Florida Keys that offers labor and delivery care.
Our services include:
- General surgery
- Ophthalmologic and orthopedic surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- Outpatient and ambulatory care
- Full-service clinical laboratory
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Respiratory services
- 24-hour emergency medicine
- Critical care
- Obstetrics and family birthing suites
- Continuing education classes
- Nutrition services
- Diagnostic radiology
- Radiology oncology
- Psychiatric inpatient and outpatient care
- Chemical dependency program
Lower Keys Medical Center is fully accredited by the State of Florida and The Joint Commission.